There was a time when I was buying my son’s organic applesauce because I didn’t want to make it. I thought: it’s good enough. Until I tried it. It didn’t taste anything like the one I made. So, I ditched the store bought one and now, we just make our own. It’s actually super easy to make and we call it:
The Best Applesauce Ever! 🙂
* 1/2 cup of water
* 5 chopped up apples (depending on their size)
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 2 tsp of cinnamon
* 3 TB of ghee – you can also leave this out if you want. I add it in there so my little guy gets a healthy dose of fat (you could also substitute it with almond or some other nut butter).
1. Bring the water to a boil in a small sized sauce pan
2. Add the apples, lemon juice, cinnamon and stir to mix it up
3. Boil for 5-10 minutes
4. Add ghee and stir to get it all yummified
5. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes
6. Use a handheld mixer or blender (I use this one here). I just blend it right in the pan.
7. Smile and enjoy the yum sauce! 🙂
We usually use take some soaked chia seeds and then mix it with the applesauce to make a delicious snack.
Brian recorded me making a vegan version of this about 6 years ago that you can watch below. I don’t eat the peanut butter anymore but I hope you at least get a good chuckle out of seeing us laugh! Omgoddess! The video is pretty ridiculous but the recipe is actually really good if you want to make a snack in less than 5 minutes.
Applesauce Sorta Stuff Recipe: