Just keep coming home to yourself. You are the one you’ve been waiting for. — Byron Katie
Affirmation: I trust my life! ❤
Mind/Heart Goodness: I woke up and meditated with the intention that all is well. I am on the right path. And, as I was going throughout my day I noticed the inner gremlins had a bunch of “opinions”.
I did some turnarounds on some of the the thoughts that were making me feel a bit grouchy to:
- My life as a stay at home Momma is awesome. I love the joy and the simplicity and the ease that flows with regular routines. There is so much joy available if I am willing to look for it.
- It’s all good I can’t drive (when you have seizures or even faint and take an ambulance ride they turn it into the DMV and you can’t drive for a period of time). It just means I get to simplify more and find new things to explore within in walking distance.
- What I am going through right now in regards to my health is only guiding me to wholeness. I wouldn’t be growing in the way that I am right now if I didn’t have 2 seizures. It’s a blessing in disguise. I can see at least 5 ways this is true – #1 being we met with Daniel Amen on Tuesday! Hello, talk about AWESOME!
- I am grateful that our kitchen is being remediated and we will soon have our dishwasher back. I am thankful I was so proactive and thrilled to have the mold out of our home!
- I am blessed to have the opportunity, resources and knowledge to prepare our family’s meals with the most nutrient rich ingredients. It’s actually really fun if I let myself enjoy it! 🙂
This is the practice. Can we do it on the days we don’t don’t feel like or life doesn’t go the way we think it should? Life is as it should be! Now. Today. Always. I reminded myself this again and again throughout the day. 😉
What I learned from my toddler: I looked at the dishes in the sink. I sometimes resist doing them. We’ve been doing dishes by hand for the last month while getting the mold out and re-building. Thankfully, we have 2 sinks so we can still cook and clean. But, ok, back to the dishes…
I committed to getting them done and asked my 3 year old son if he wanted to help. He enthusiastically said: YES! Get what Dampa made (it’s a learning tower my step dad made for him). He was JAZZED to do the dishes! (Ha so great!) He jumped up and grabbed the sponge and started washing away. Then, he filled a big bowl of water and proceeded to dump it all over the counter and floor.
I had to laugh as there was water everywhere while also reminding myself it’s all good. I’ve been practicing being warm neutral, observing and stating what I notice for the last 3 years (Thanks to RIE). It’s been instrumental as I navigate this whole parenting process.
So, I calmly said: I noticed you filled the bowl and dumped it on the counter and floor. Is there a reason you did that?
He said: I just did it!
Then, I said: Ok, you can dump bowls of water in the sink but I don’t want it on the counter or the floor. Please keep all the water in the sink.
He said: OK and kept washing. No big Deal (NBD as we say in our house). We finished the dishes and he was actually really helpful and made it so much more fun! 🙂
I thought to myself. Life’s actually easier if we don’t bring the drama. I could have made it a bigger deal. But, the beauty of children is they explore, that’s what they are wired to do. If we get upset as they experiment with life it just shows we have some work to do, not them.
And, at the end of the day…What is my intention? My intention is to trust, experience joy and have a beautiful relationship with my child. TRUST! FLOW! JOY! SURRENDER!
Transformation is available every day no matter what we are doing! It’s always there waiting for us to step into our power if we are willing. It doesn’t have to be a big thing. It can be as simple as washing the dishes with a toddler. And, the best part is we can either make it a game and enjoy the process or suffer. It’s not always easy but so worth the effort to choose fun and ease! 🙂
* bulletproof coffee with 1/2 TB mct oil + 1 tsp ghee + 3 TB coconut cream + collagen + stevia
* 16 oz green juice (celery, cucumber, parsley, ginger and a splash of apple)
* lulu’s maca chocolate buttercups with some plantain chips
* chocolate delish muffins + ginger kombucha
* 4 oz green juice + cauliflower rice w/bone broth + little bit of steak + olives + pasta sauce
— Wondering about my love affair with chocolate.;) And, also changing to decaf coffee and only going to have it on occasion. It’s been a good month experiment but I don’t want to have it everyday. Especially, since I won’t be drinking it while pregnant. No, I’m not pregnant but getting prepared. 😉
Meditation: 15 minutes
Movement: 35 minute walk/jog/stride on the bike path pushing the stroller + a 15 minute walk later in the day.
Rest: Bed at 9:30 last night and woke up at 5:30 am & a took a 30 minute napitation while my son napped.
Gratitude & Appreciation: I am super grateful for Dr. Daniel Amen and his decades of research and pioneering. We had an amazing visit with him earlier this week! WOW! I am still integrating it all and really excited to increase my brain power even more. I am grateful for my beautiful computer. I am grateful for clean drinking water. I am thankful my cousin had a glorious birth and welcomed her first child into the world. New life…it’s a beautiful thing. I am grateful for all of my coaches and mentors over the years. It’s amazing how much I’ve learned and changed.
Thank you to the ordinarily extraordinary day that allowed me to continue to blossom where I stand and to my toddler who continuously shows me how to fully live out loud in such a real and authentic way! May I continue to see all the blessings I have in my life. #thankyou
Ok, my son is loudly expressing he’s ready to go! Sending love!