I was inspired by Diane Sanfilippo’s Practical Paleo carrot gingerbread muffins so I created a different version. I excluded the maple syrup/molassas and added ghee, pumpkin pie spice + turmeric and a few other changes. They actually tasted way better than they looked (haha). We all really enjoyed the turmeric coconut butter. Super yummylicious. It made it feel like a decadent breakfast. 🙂
1/4 c ghee
1/4 c coconut oil
1/2 c. coconut flour
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
pinch of baking soda
pinch of sea salt
3 drops of vanilla medicinal extract (or 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract)
1 TB xylitol (more if you like sweeter)
10 drops of stevia
1-2 TB grated ginger
2 1/2 cups of carrots (can do 3 cups if you want)
Turmeric Coconut Butter:
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. coconut butter
1 tsp of grated ginger
1 tsp of turmeric
1 TB of shredded coconut
1/2 TB xylitol
5 drops of stevia
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil or ghee.
3. Whisk eggs, coconut oil, ghee, vanilla extract, xylitol, stevia in a mixing bowl. Then, mix in the cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking soda, sea salt, coconut flour, Lastly, stir in the shredded carrots and ginger.
4. Add about 1/4 cup of batter in each muffin cup and bake for 35 minutes.
5. Then, add all ingredients for the turmeric coconut butter into a small pan and warm enough so that it starts to melt. Then, either blend or use an immersion blender to mix it up.
Enjoy the deliciousness!